Sep 8, 2007

Madeleine L'Engle

One of my most favorite authors of all time, Madeleine L'Engle died yesterday.   She is a great woman.  There's really nothing more I can add to the obituary except to say that she made a great impact on my life.  I believe she's the only author I ever wrote a letter to . . . AND SHE ANSWERED IT.   I look forward to the day that I get to sit and visit with her over a cup of tea or, better yet, supper.  In honor of her, I'm going to re-read her books . . . ALL of them.  

She's also one of the two authors I've ever made into an audio book.  I read Wrinkle In Time on tape and I read Magician's Nephew, by C.S. Lewis, on tape.  

Mike and I went to our first meeting of the Photography Club this morning.  It was good.  Looks like we're off to do stuff today, his first WEEKEND day off in nearly nine years.  Cool.  I'll write more later.

Oh.  I'll also tell you about Pongo then, too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...